HIGHLIGHTS OF JANUARY: MIM-KYIV EXPERS SPEAK
01 February 2022
MIM-Kyiv January was full of exiting events and stimulating speakers. Here are the highlights of the month.
How to deal with post-holiday blues
Olena Nikolska, therapist and business consultant, Hogan Assessment
- Share your holiday impressions with colleagues, look through your holiday pictures and smell the aromas associated with your feel-good places;
- Try to avoid the avalanche of work for the last pre-holiday and first post-holiday days;
- Anchor yourself or have a good memory which you can relish;
- Plan your weekends and vacations;
- Have a hobby different from your work;
- Be self-aware to prevent burnouts and helps to unlock your energy;
- Meet your friends during weekdays.
Art as a leadership resource and inspiration for innovative ideas
Yulia Tarasenko, art critic, artist and “Art Experts School” founder.
- Art is innovative. It promotes new ideas and facilitates creativity;
- Switching from rational to imaginative, and from systemic to abstract inspire business leaders;
- Studying art is brain fitness that enhances mental health;
- Artwork can be interpreted from various angles – philosophical, historical, authors’ personalities, symbols, etc. Art helps to see things from different perspectives;
- Business needs to innovate constantly. Art complements logic and thus nurtures creativity;
- Managers who study art have access to global ideas;
- Art induces concentration, self-awareness, and learning experiences.
BANI Leadership and Meta skills
Olena Yuzkova, MIM-Kyiv professor, CEO for the “Epoch of International Education” company, and Vice-President of the International Council of Management Consulting Institutes (ICMCI).
- Being a leader means being self-aware, knowing strengths, and being able to use them;
- The world is brittle, be resilient;
- Anxiety calls for empathy and consciousness. Non-linearity requires adaptability and unpredictability necessitate intuition;
- Meta skills are key to new behaviors and results. They allow taking breaks for inner selves and feelings;
- Intuitive practices when people do small things when they can’t make small ones;
- Starting small and then scaling is a key to success if you are after something truly big;
- Environment shapes success. Network with people who have already achieved what you are striving for;
- Self-awareness, goal-setting, personal development, and actions are critical for coping with challenges;
- Accept yourselves but try to become 1% better every day.
DO NOT NEGLECT YOUR BOOSTER
Kateryna Bulavinova, medical expert for the UNICEF in Ukraine.
- Booster is administered in 6 months after the second jab. Any citizen over 18 and children over 12 from the risk groups can have it;
- Any vaccine can be used for the booster;
- Do not forget to get a flu vaccine;
- It is better to use negative scenarios for planning. Unvaccinated people are always at risk;
- Stay home if you have even the slightest symptoms;
- Of your GP advises against booster, change the GP.
"MIM-FINANCE DIGITALIZATION, CRYPTOCURRENCY AND ITS IMPLICATIONS”
Volodymyr Danko, MIM-Kyiv professor of finance, Pre-MBA “Finance Management” director.
- Crypto-assets are relatively small and volatile asset class;
- Crypto market is developing. So do supporting technologies and services;
- Both experts and ordinary Ukrainians need to study the phenomenon before investing in it.